Monday, October 19, 2009

Post round-up

I've been reading (and enjoying!) all of your posts for Week 1 of the Modules. There are some excellent blog reviews and recommendations and I thought I'd spotlight a few in case you haven't had a chance to read all of these yet.

Technowhiz Wannabe posted about the Awful Library Books blog and an amazing food blog, Glutton on a Budget. Have a look - the Awful Library Books blog could almost be a cautionary tale (or even a horror story) of what can happen to our shelves if we never weed our collections!

Ruthie Babe Book Worm posted about Auckland City Libraries' genealogy and family history blog, Kintalk.

Library Girl (Tess) posted about Auckland City Libraries' Scooper On Libraries blog - recommended for keeping up to date with technology and how it's being used in libraries - and Trashionista, a blog about chicklit with extensive reviews and a long list of themes and authors covered.

Learning Curve recommended Christchurch City Libraries blog - their latest post (at time of writing) is about a Frocks on Bikes event happening in Christchurch. What do you think about how library blogs can be central hubs for their communities, similar to physical library buildings? (Christchurch City Libraries' blog got quite a few more of your recommendations as well.)

WCL Kabouter recommends author Neil Gaiman's blog, and also delves into the world of web comics with his recommendation of Piled High and Deeper, a webcomic about life as a postgraduate student.

Some very interesting links to check out!

7 comments:

  1. A post round-up entry is very useful thanks Celeste :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - I'm glad. I was a bit worried people weren't finding each other's blogs and there are some really great posts, so I might make this a regular thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, have you seen this? http://www.flickr.com/groups/modifiedlibrarians/pool/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks C, you're so good at finding cool things! I joined the group heheh..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Celeste! Widgets are giving me problems I was able to post it onto my blogs but can't put the mylibrary and delicious stuff by the sidebar. It will just be blog post HOWWWWW??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learning curve had shown me how to do the widgets thing so I'm all good now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Celeste, I am loving these modules and learning so much. What is the next step with the Wiki, do we just wait on you?

    ReplyDelete